2012年4月29日日曜日

Excerpts Of Polygamous Lives In Kuwait


I DO, I DO, I DO
I am a man. I like women. And I have money. I can take care of them, and all my children," says the polygamous 60-something Haroon. Living in Kuwait, Haroon is among thousands of men who marry more than one wife at a time, typically fathering children with each wife. Often the multiple marriages don't last and wife and children are left to fend for themselves as the husband seeks yet more brides.

Polygamy is allowed in Islam. Men are permitted to take up to four wives at any given time. They are required, according to scripture, to treat all their wives and children equally. This seldom happens, however, in reality. Older wives are usually ignored in favor of younger and new brides.


同性愛に関する聖書の話のどの経典

Perfect division of time is impossible," admits Haroon. "I am human, after all. I see my children all the time, it's a benefit of having your own business… but I preferred my third wife. I spent most of my time with her. Don't mistake me, she was not younger than Fatima and Suraya…. just more interesting.

Few women in Kuwait will admit to being second, third or fourth wives. While permitted in Islam, the practice is not always something to be proud of.

Khadija tells a very sad story. She is now divorced… Khadija is American. She was in her twenties when she met Saad, a Kuwaiti, in the US. She converted to Islam and married him in 1991, becoming his second wife. Saad's first wife found out about the marriage after it was done, and although she initially agreed to it, she changed her mind later and divorced him.


あなたの婚約者のために祈るする方法

I asked Khadija why she agreed to be Saad's second wife. She said that she loved him and didn't want to lose him. "But I was also na�ve, thinking that this was normal and acceptable in Islam. I know now that the way he did it was wrong. He should have asked his first wife's permission before marrying me," she says.

Like Khadija, while Sara does not want to be pitied, she is angry. She too believes that something must be done to protect women from these situations. In practice, it seems that most men do not ask their first wives for permission to marry again and they do not treat them equally. In Sara's case, her husband's fourth marriage meant the end of her own. Asif began looking for another wife when Sara's eldest son was just four months old. They were married for about two years at the time. He said that he wanted another wife to prove to his first wife that Sara did not control him.


ロッシュhashanaは何曜日ですか?

Haroon had three wives for about 20 years. He is presently still with wife number one , his second wife died some years ago, and his third wife left him after 20 years together.

I was curious about his wives and whether they were friendly while he was married to all three. He looked at me like I was insane. He said that they lived in different houses, and he tried to keep everything separate, except the children who grew up as siblings. He said that over the years the women learned to tolerate each other, but jealousy was always an issue.

Statistics on polygamous marriages in Kuwait are hard to come by. But it seems that among the younger generation, polygamy is on the decline.

Credit for above info: Published 5/9/08 by Michelle Naidoo/Kuwait Times



These are our most popular posts:

宗教を信じるの情報源

私たちの地球上のすべての60億人の半数以上が信じている彼は、アブラハム( キリスト教徒、ユダヤ教徒、イスラム教徒、その他を ... 信じリソースの存在のための 中心的な理由は、我々が蓄積することが最善のような情報を提供しようとすることです。 ... しかし、現代のキリスト教徒と現代の教会は、すべて彼が地球上で生きている間彼ら はイエスに適用されたことを信じている。 ... 我々の意図は何か特定の主題についての あなた自身の思慮深い結論を出すことができるように十分に正確な、公平な情報を提示 するだけです。 read more

イスラム教 - Wikipedia

イスラム教はアラビア語を母語とするアラブ人の間で生まれ、神がアラビア語をもって 人類に下したとされるクルアーンを啓典とする ... 日本を含む東アジアの漢字文化圏では 、古くは「回教」と呼ばれることが多かったが、現在はどの国でもイスラームの名に基づく ..... このためキリスト教同様婚前交渉を禁ずる教派が殆どだが、実際には国家や個人、 世代によって戒律を遵守するか無視するかは ... 彼らは社会的な職業としては イスラーム法学に基づく法廷の裁判官(カーディー)、モスク(礼拝堂)で集団礼拝を指導 する導師( ... read more

第一部 人類の進化に与える予言者の影響について 一、 自然はひとつの ...

人間はものごとの成り立ちを発見することによって自然に抵抗し、対抗することができ ます。こうして人間は自然の力を ..... 事実、彼らは、アブラハムがつぶされ、破壊され、 彼の根跡すらも失くなるようにするため、アブラハムを追放したのです。 ..... イスラム 教徒が敵と戦う場合には、キリスト教徒は自らの意志でイスラム教を守って戦うことを 望む以外は、戦争の義務を免除されます。彼らは ..... しかし、神の大業は、時間毎に 演じられ、毎日何か新しい出し物を要求される芝居の見世物のようなものでは ありません。もしそうだと ... read more

アラブとイスラム教徒womenIssues!第一部

2012年3月29日 ... 男性弱虫は、その欲望と衝動を制御することができないですか?思考のその方法は、 彼らが頭からつま先まで覆われていないため、女性がレイプされて有罪であると述べた オーストラリアのイスラム教徒のムラーの一つを思い出させる。彼は、 ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿